Under the General Data Protection Regulation(or GDPR as it is more commonly known), we are required, as are all businesses that hold your personal data, to provide you with certain information in relation to the lawful grounds for our ongoing processing of your personal data
- For us, the MooreMarine Services, the customer is placed at the center of our concerns.
- For this reason, naturally, the protection of your personal data is an absolute priority for us.
- This policy will explain areas of this website that may affect your privacy and personal details, how we process, collect, manage and store those details and how your rights under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation),Cayman Islands Data Protection Law are adhered to.
1. Who is the controller?
- In this capacity, we are responsible for the way in which we collect, use, share, store and protect your personal data.
2. How we Collect Your Details
- We may collect contact information when you give your consent by filling any of the forms on our website which include Contact form.
3. Which categories of personal data are processed and for what purposes?
To provide you with a secure, high-quality service, we collect and process the following data:
- Your IP address
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Other information relevant to enquiries made through our site
4. Who has access to your data?
- Your personal data may be disclosed only under a court application.
5. Where are your data processed? Are your data transferred?
- We store these personal data for 6 months on our local servers before they are permanently erased.
6. What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
- Under the conditions provided for in the regulations, you have the right:
- of access to the personal data we hold concerning you,
- to withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your personal data without this affecting the lawfulness of processing based on the consent given prior to withdrawal and unless the processing has a legal basis other than your consent,
7. How do you contact us and exercise your rights?
- You can send your questions relating to the processing of your personal data and/or exercise your rights set out above for the attention of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
8. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our services;
- Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, except for where we have legitimate interests in doing so, we may use your details to send you information related to our services/products through a mailing list system This is done in accordance with the regulations named above.
Security and Retention of Data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. For this purpose, we will not hold your personal data for any longer than is reasonable. Further, we have taken reasonable steps to protect your information against unauthorized access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, damage and destruction. Nevertheless, any personal data submitted by you is at your own risk.
We will not transfer your personal details to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing without your permission. We use certain third-party service providers who may have access to your personal data so that they can provide services to us. When this occurs, we have a data protection compliant contract in place with these third parties.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website onto their computer’s hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browser’s security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
Measuring Website Usage (Google Analytics)
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use this website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- Your behaviour on website
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are. We don’t allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available, users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third-party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
External Website Links & Third Parties
Social Media Usage
While we may have official profiles on social media platforms, users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources below.
Website Analytics & Target Advertisement
We use targeted advertisements, Advertising Reporting feature of Analytics. We also use Remarketing feature of Google Analytics tool to optimize and display relevant advertising content based on the user’s activities on our website, other websites and search queries on internet. The advertisements are displayed on third-party websites as well as visible to you while browsing.
MooreMarine Services makes use of either Google’s Interest-based advertising(Personalized Advertising), 3rd-party audience data.
You can also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser Add-on here.
Please note that you will continue seeing the generic ads.
Third Party Services
MooreMarine Services uses third party support which include HubSpot and iContact. Your personal information may be collected, maintained and used by these third parties as mentioned in their privacy policies.
The EU and the US Privacy Shield Framework
We comply with the EU and the US privacy shield principles and take full responsibility for the processing of personal data that we receive from our users, subjected to Privacy Shield Framework. The user has full right to access, delete or update his or her information shared with us and can simply do so, by writing an email for the same to our support team. In an unavoidable situation, we may be compelled to disclose personal data to comply lawful requests by public authorities.
If you don’t want to receive promotional materials from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
We may buy or sell a company or a property. In case we sell a business, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale so that you continue to receive the service being provided to you or for any other business purposes.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.